Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Winter in the Alps


Back on my skis again in Torgnon, with Francesco, my nephew…last week-end the weather wasn’t so fine, so I spent the day selecting samples of fabrics for the next S/S 2013 collection…time passes so quickly and we really don’t seize it so much…I woke up this morning and felt the air: springtime is knocking at the door…5°C and blue skies…off I went with my nephew and his board…poor Francesco: what a short night and what an unexpected wake-up…but getting in Torgnon cheered him up…great snow…the Matterhorn from here is amazing...not so many people, although we are in the middle of our carnival holidays…and the slopes are perfect…here we go: one, two, three turns…plenty of turns followed by the typical local soup made of bread, broth, cabbage and Fontina cheese then back again on the skis until 4 P.M. …a lot of sun: sure it will show on my face tomorrow…